Friday, 15 June 2012

This part of my life is called waiting...

I have always been bemused by JETs complaining about how long they have had to WAIT. I took a rather ‘chilled’ (Capetonian) approach and took things day-by-day, not understanding why my soon-to-be colleagues were so impatient. Now I do...
Over the past few weeks I have been riding a rollercoaster of emotions. Overwhelming excitement, fear, anxiety and nervousness are but a few of the feelings that have consumed me. Okay, so this is a tad melodramatic...

Anyway, this is all due to the fact that I have yet to receive word regarding my placement. Knowing where in Japan I’ll be living for the next year will alleviate so much of the tension that I have been experiencing. As a perfectionist, I guess that I am pedantic about these things. Knowing will not only give me the opportunity to prepare myself mentally but also emotionally for the unfamiliar waters that lie ahead.

However, I have come to realise that no matter which prefecture Tokyo decides to place me in... Nagasaki to Sendai, Okiniwa to Sapporo... It will be the greatest adventure of my life!

To date I have received a JET Programme package from the Japanese Embassy in Pretoria containing the following material:
1) General Information Handbook including a ''LIFE AS A JET'' dvd
2) Japanese for JETs textbook including audio lesson CDs
3) JET Programme Insurance forms



I also have a VISA application form which will be completed in due course and handed in. Later this month, a Q&A session will be held at the Cape Town Embassy. Looking forward to that!
Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look of your blog, especially all the pictures. I couldn't find your blog for a minute, was about to message you when google spit it out. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on your adventures (with a healthy dose of envy no doubt).

    - Ruth

    ReplyDelete